SEAN LAM — Hanging Up The Moon

INTRODUCTION
I’m a singer songwriter based here in Singapore. Concave Scream was my first band and we were active from the 90s to early 2000s. I’m currently making music under the moniker, Hanging Up The Moon. Although I’ve been playing guitar for most of my life, I’m musically illiterate and have yet to learn how to read notes. All this while, I’ve been playing by ear and through feel. Because of this, I’ve never felt like I’m a real musician.

PLAYING STYLE
I’m not conscious of my own playing style, if anything, I would say it’s minimalist. Partly due to my unschooled background and partly because I prefer being understated. I find the use of simple chords and riffs to  be just as effective.

MAIN GUITARS
For my band days, I’ve used my Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul and Rickenbacker 330/12. For my acoustic HUTM projects, I’ve used my vintage Gibson J45 and Martin D28

OTHER EQUIPMENT
I’ve owned many stomp boxes in the past but don’t really use them now. I do miss playing the E-bow though.

OTHER LOCAL GUITARISTS/BASSISTS YOU FIND INTERESTING
Leslie Low, Pann Lim, Alexius Cai and Victor Low.