EDDINO ABDUL HADI — Force Vomit / The Guilt

INTRODUCTION
I'm a music journalist and I play in several bands. I sing, play guitar and write songs in garage/surf punk/alt rock band Force Vomit, which I co founded in late 1993. I play bass and sing in loungecore band The Guilt. I've also played in other bands such as 1234X, The Return and Slowjaxxx Does Dallas. 

PLAYING STYLE
I learnt my first four chords from Metallica's Fade To Black. Then I got into punk, grunge and alt rock, the guitar parts were much easier to learn compared to thrash metal songs. Later got into surf guitarists and garage bands. My main guitar heroes would be James Hetfield, Kurt Cobain, Thurston Moore, Dick Dale and Johnny Ramone. My usual warm up routine is to play Em, Am and barre chords and then do tremolo picking.

MAIN INSTRUMENTS
I learned how to play on a Cort acoustic guitar. First electric guitar was an SG knockoff, then traded it with a friend for an Epiphone Telecaster because I fell in love with the twang and sweet juice tone when paired with an overdrive pedal. Used this Tele and sometimes a borrowed Epiphone Stratocaster for gigs and recordings in the 1990s.

From 2000 onwards I started using a Danelectro Hodad with a Bigsby that I bought at the Guitar Centre in Hollywood. In 2005 I started using a Fender Japan Telecaster 62 reissue that I ordered online from Japan and it has been my main guitar since.


OTHER EQUIPMENT
My amps in the studio are mostly a Vox AC15 and sometimes a Fender Twin Custom 15. At home I use a Yamaha THR-II. My main pedals now are a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, a Maxon OD808 Overdrive, a Danelectro Spring King, a TC Electronic Quintessence and a Korg DT10BK tuner.

OTHER LOCAL GUITARISTS YOU FIND INTERESTING
Esam Salleh from the Stoned Revivals, Sareena Rai from Bruce Lee and John Chee from Crazy Elephant's house band The Blues Machine.