EMILY SERA — Coming Up Roses


INTRODUCTION

I am the front woman of Coming Up Roses, I play the bass and sing. I first picked up the bass in 2018 and haven’t stopped playing since. :)

PLAYING STYLE
I would say that I more often than not play the bass without a pick and I am often inspired by punk or rock bands in terms of my sound. My creative approach is to always serve the music first as opposed to forcing myself to include certain techniques. Some of my favourite bass players include Theo from Alice and Josh Paul from Daughtry. My warm up routine includes just playing the open strings and playing scales.

MAIN INSTRUMENTS
I love Precision Basses for their fat and punchy sound. I recently bought a Fender Player Precision Bass which will be my main bass but before this I played a Fender Mustang bass.

OTHER EQUIPMENT
I have a pedalboard that includes a TC Electronic SpectraComp, a Korg Tuner, an EBS Bass Overdrive and a Boss VE-500 that I use for vocal effects live!

OTHER LOCAL GUITARISTS/BASSISTS YOU FIND INTERESTING
Adriel from The New Modern Lights, Hui Jun from Cues, Ashwin from Knightingale and Ginette from Astreal.